Accessibility in Guttenberg Castle
Accessibility and wheelchairs were unknown when Guttenberg Castle was built. Unfortunately, complete accessibility cannot be retrofitted in all areas of Guttenberg Castle, as the structural requirements cannot be met.
You can explore the following areas with a wheelchair or severe walking disability:
- The path to the inner courtyard at the very top has no thresholds, it goes slightly uphill.
- There is wheelchair-accessible entrance to the flight demonstrations of the German Raptor Center: along the flight meadow there are places for wheelchair users and their companions.
- The German Raptor Center has a handicapped-accessible toilet.
- The restaurants of the castle tavern and their terraces are barrier-free accessible.
- Also in the new toilet house, opposite the castle tavern, near the beer garden area there is a handicapped accessible toilet.
Unfortunately, the following areas are not accessible to wheelchair users:
- The Castle Museum: The Renaissance building can be reached via 3 entrance steps and you can only access the separate floors over a spiral stone staircase.
- The castle tower
- The tour through the German Raptor Center is not handicapped accessible due to numerous stairs and steps.
- The dormitories of the medieval hostel: all of them are on the upper floors, which are only accessible by stairs.